[wp-testers] wp-images folder deleted by update-core.php

Steve stevish at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:08:59 GMT 2008

Is the automatic update pluggable at this point? If not, would that be an
option for 2.8? Maybe an option to "Protect" a given folder... I could see
this frustrating a less tech-savvy user who ignored the warnings and
upgraded without backing up their files.

I think there definitely needs to eventually be away to protect certain
files or folders that WP wants to delete, without having to rename them.