[wp-testers] Redirection problem with tags ending in 'p'

Trevor Fitzgerald fitztrev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 01:02:40 GMT 2008

I found where the problem is occurring:  Line #207 of wp-inc/canonical.php

$redirect['query'] = preg_replace( '#&?(p|page_id|cat|tag)=?$#', '',
$redirect['query'] );

I am not entirely sure what else the line accomplishes so I won't try to
change the regex out of fear of breaking something else.

Nevertheless, I will file a bug report and hopefully somebody else can
attach a patch.