[wp-testers] Re: More than 5 minutes to login?!?

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:53:05 GMT 2008

Uh, a) Who cares if there's complaints or not, everyone has BEEN complaining
about it for how long now. b) Well obviously, it's already been reported, so
why report it AGAIN? c) I know what I'm using and what other versions to use
if I wanted too. d) Go fly a kite some where.

This isn't the complaint department.  You can find that here:
http://www.complaint.com/

You are using a pre-production release product that comes with no
warranties, and the only guarantee is that there are probably bugs.

If you have issues, share them.  If you have solutions, share them.  If you
have complaints, keep them to yourself and if they are too much for you to
live with, either go back to the latest stable release or as you suggested
for yourself, go use another CMS product.

Everyone here is working hard at chasing down bugs and fixing them so that
WordPress can be the BEST CMS product out there.  A lot of times, it isn't
WordPress that is causing your problems, but your Host, a bad plugin, or
even a hacked .htaccess file.

When you HAVE issues, don't just throw them out there without telling us
some other information that would help us track it down for you.  Tell us
the version and build of WordPress you are having problems with.  Who is
your host?  What browser are you using.  What is your operating system?  Any
information that you might give that would help someone either try to
replicate your issue or chase it down and fix it.

Most often the issue is related to a plugin.  Just because a plugin works in
the last stable version you were using, doesn't mean that it won't cause
problems in a newer version.  In fact, you can almost bet on finding at
least one plugin that won't be compatable.  Disable all of your plugins and
see if you are still having the issue.  If the issue goes away, then it is
an easy task to bring on each plugin one at a time to find the one that is
causing the problem.

Now I had a similar problem that you are having.  If I disabled every
plugin, the problem appeared to go away.  But if I activated ANY plugin, the
problem returned.  It was baffling.

I eventually found the problem -- somehow a redirection instruction had been
inserted into my .htaccess file on the server and would cause my wp-admin to
hang there for a while.

The point is, quit complaining and help out.  Otherwise, just stick with the
stable releases and wait.

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"