[wp-testers] More than 5 minutes to login?!?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Nov 7 14:27:43 GMT 2008

Yes, Slowness has been a known issue over the last week, and it has been
investigated, Its not exactly easy to know whats causing it when a) devs
know absolutely nothing about your hosting environment b) have been
thousands of other testers without issues, c) devs with no issues, d)
having other bugs to attend to as well.

A likely suspect for the cause has been identified though, A bug in the
new HTTP API (Well, an oversight) is that non-blocking requests are not
supported by some of the transports, because of this, the cron loading on
login/post publishing causes timeouts, and the browser never ends up
getting the page, just sits there timing out.. but this only happens on
very certain web hosting setups, replicating the issue in a testing
environment when knowing the exact cause is easy, guessing the combination
of items to use to test it on the other hand, is a completely different
thing. So AFAIK, one potential cause will hopefully be fixed over the
coming days, & see if that fixes problems for some, or all, and take it
 from there.

A little bit of patience would probably go a long way, Many of us have
been running 2.7 with no problems, but that doesnt mean its bug free, but
its a Beta release, Not a Release Candidate, the beta's contain bugs, some
bad bugs, but also include a lot of working functionality.