[wp-testers] Posts still stalling when I hit publish...

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:29:25 GMT 2008

Thanks Will!  That did fix the problem.  It has been so long since I last
looked at the list of places to ping that I plumb forgot about them.  I
should have looked there first.

From: "Will Garcia" <w at will.ph>
To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 05:44:12 +0800
Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Posts still stalling when I hit publish...
Just found out the real culprit.

One of the uri's of the pinging services were causing the issue.

Time to scrub the list in the Update Services section in the Writing
Settings page.

And to think I went through hell and back for this very simple issue.
Blergh.

P.S.
Any plugin that pings any server when publishing or updating a post would
probably cause this issue to happen. FYI.

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"