[wp-testers] Meta links...

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:22:10 GMT 2008

From: "Idled Soul" <idledsoul at gmail.com>
> Just curious, but WHAT are the correct / updated url calls for the Meta
> section stuff now? I'm using the following, and they're not showing up at
> all.
>
> <?php wp_register(); ?>
> <li><?php wp_logout_url(); ?></li>
> <?php wp_meta(); ?>
>
> I know why the register one isn't showing up, didn't select "allow anyone
> to register" option, but I noticed some where in a list discussion, to
> use: wp_logout_url()
>
> Is that only for within the "loop" or something? It's weird, because this
> is working in the sidebar.php: wp_loginout() but some other person was
> having problems with it before and needed: wp_logout_url() to work... ?

Since wp_loginout uses wp_logout_url you should not need to change your
theme if you were using wp_loginout originally.

If you have a construct such as "/wp-login.php?action=logout" in your theme,
that should be replaced with a wp_logout_url

Related discussion:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-testers/2008-November/009475.html

MichaelH