[wp-testers] rewrite issues with 1&1 hosting.

Krusty Ruffle krustyruffle at rustykruffle.com
Tue Nov 4 21:13:54 GMT 2008

It is working on my home server which is running 2.7-beta1-9502, but not on
the 1&1 server which is also 2.7-beta1-9502 so it seems it has to be
something at 1&1. It's curious though, that it works with 2.6.x and earlier?

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Will Garcia <w at will.ph> wrote:

> Should be like this:
>
> # BEGIN WordPress
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
> </IfModule>
>
> # END WordPress
>
> Hope this helps.

Yeah, it turns out that these two lines:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

weren't there because the file I copy/pasted it from had WP Super Cache
enabled which had moved them up into it's section in the file. So, although
my admin section did get styles back, and my front page was displaying
properly none of the links were actually working. It seems that all I really
needed to do was change all occorances of 'Array' to '/'... Thanks for
pointing this out, still wondering why it's doing this, but happy it's an
easy fix on my end :)