[wp-testers] Automatic upgrade still failing

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Nov 3 17:22:19 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> Is the upgrade using the direct FS method for these failed cases (you
> aren't asked for credentials if using direct)?  We try to make sure
> direct is used only when files created by the webserver have the same
> owner as the WP files.  If we are using direct where we shouldn't be,
> let's fix it.  What are the owner and permissions on these files that
> fail copy.  What user is the webserver running as?

I can reproduce these copy fails by setting the permissions for files
to 0444 so that they are not writable by the owner. I changed the code
so that when a copy fails, we chmod to 0644 and try the copy again.

beanz, what are the permissions on your wp-trackback.php file? I
suspect that it is not writable by the owner.

Ryan