[wp-testers] Screen options not displaying

Dave J. (Scoop0901) scoop0901 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:00:03 GMT 2008

In testing WP2.7 beta 1, I found that Screen Options displays just fine and
works fine in Firefox.

Testing in IE7, however, which the majority of the folks who will be using
the backend of the site for writing use, the Screen Options panel does drop
down, and for a brief second, the options "flicker" in view, but then
disappear.  Looking at the page's code, all the code is there, but in IE7,
the options in the Screen Options panel is not displaying.  The only thing
displaying is: "Show on screen" in the top left corner of the screen.

This was tested on four different machines, and was brought to our attention
by two people who will be using the backend (vs. others who use a variety of
means to post, including the use of WLW), but none of that makes a
difference in the display of the Screen Options panel.

Cheers,
-dave
PGP Public Keys:
http://scoop0901.net/PGP/PgPkEyS.htm
Verify email with digital signatures, or encrypt for privacy
while offering job security to crackers at NSA, DHS, and TIA!