[wp-testers] 2.7 Beta 1 Runs locally, but not on server.... (someone shoot me, PLEASE!)

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:06:15 GMT 2008

Okay, I think I see your problem. When doing a upgrade to the next
version of WordPress via FTP, always make sure you *delete* the
"wp-admin" and "wp-includes" directories first *then* upload the new
directories, do not overwrite these directories with the new ones,
you'll always have problems. More times than I can count I've had WP
users come to me saying that an FTP upgrade went completely wonky and
almost without fail (like 99% of the time) it's due to overwriting the
above directories instead of completely deleting them first and then
uploading the new ones. Once the new "wp-admin" and "wp-includes" are
uploaded then you can safely overwrite the root files. Just try it that
way and see what happens.

And a copy of that "php.ini" file can be dropped into and directory
where you think you're having problems with memory being exhausted or a
function or process timing out. You can change these settings your self
as well by the way. I have copies of my master "php.ini" file sprinkled
through a few of my directories, mostly in "wp-contents"  and
"wp-content/plugins/****" directories.

HTH