[wp-testers] 2.7 is slow?!?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:48:34 GMT 2008

Okay, in my previous testing of 2.7, even without Gears enabled, the 2.7
(nightly builds) Admin in the past has been significantly faster than
the 2.6 series until the very last few builds. The Admin seems to grind
to a halt at times and other times it just crawls between pages. It even
caused my server to trip a "CPU quota exceeded" error and I haven't seen
that for over a year (I was merely switching from one Admin page to
another).

Now this morning I did an update via the "Stay Updated" link in the
Admin footer as I usually do (never had a problem with this, by the way)
and things seem to be moving right along once more with only a couple of
exceptions. These occurred while attempting to navigate to the
"Settings/General" page from the Dashboard and then again when
navigating to the "Comments" page. I had to click on the link twice to
kick it out of a perpetual loading state (Firefox 3.0.3). Also, after
the auto upgrade was complete, I noticed that the text in the Admin
footer went from a revision number to "2.7 Beta-1".

The only entry in my root error log and wp-admin error log when this
"slowness" occurs is simply "ARRAY"--that's it.