[wp-testers] Re: tried again... still not right...

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:59:49 GMT 2008

Pat, you absolutely CAN run wp locally on your windows vista basic machine.

Download WAMPserver, http://www.wampserver.com/en/  install it, and you get
Apache, Mysql, PHP current versions installed and running on your windows
machine in a WAMP folder, with the WWW folder under it responding to
http://localhost.   Install wordpress into /wamp/www/wordpress and use your
web browser to http://localhost/wordpress and it just works.

xamp for windows (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html) does
the same thing _and_ gives you local ftp and smtp as well.

they are VERY cool.