[wp-testers] Flash uploader broken in latest beta 1

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 17:01:09 GMT 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Paul Robinson <pablorobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I've just noticed, I probably should have checked earlier, but I do
> get the flash uploader on the add new media screen.

Just to check, have you hard-reloaded the uploader iframe so as to
lose the cached JavaScript?  'Cause that really sounds like the post
page uploader has just cached the old JavaScript (it holds onto it
with grim determination).

Do you see any message at all, such as "You are using the Flash
uploader"? Or is it just blank followed by an "— OR —"?

If you use Firebug, can you inspect the blank region and see if <div
id="flash-upload-ui"> exists and contains an object element?

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Paul Robinson <pablorobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm. If all is upgraded to get around the issue, then I don't understand
> why I'm having problems with FF... I'm now convinced it isn't WP or
> SWFUploader since Chrome seems to work great with it... I'll uninstall flash
> & and try putting 10 back in and see what happens.

Well, it's not that simple.  The problem is that Flash itself is
different for different systems, and the interface between Flash and
JavaScript is erratic, so things don't always happen as expected.

Thanks for your help debugging!