[wp-testers] Some comments about the publish widget on the post/page's

Paul Bearne pbearne at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 12:27:32 GMT 2008

Some comments about the publishing widget on the post/page's

1. Add the mouse over that is been used for the left nav to show that you
can click (if it can be got to work with 2)
2. Move the preview link to the title bar so it is always showing
3 Change the status to a drop down (may using the same or similar style to
the add post drop down) as we don't some many clicks one to open the status,
one two open select, one to make the select , one to confirm. All we need to
shown what the stat is which has a mouseover to shown the options and then
one click to change the state.
4. The post date editor would look better and be easier to use if it was a
calendar control. Maybe with an override to input box to enter an number to
publish in x hours
5. Move the publish/save pending etc. to the left of bottom blue bar
6. Show the blue bottom bar with the publish and save state bottom in the
closed state

These changes will also allow the width of the widget to be reduced

Bug: the current build (9461) has a layout problem when you change the state
in firefox (IE not tested)

I hope this helps
Paul Bearne
(ping me if you ned to)