[wp-testers] Post Revisions

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Fri May 23 19:37:56 GMT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Peter Westwood wrote:
> It all looks very useful and intuitive.
>
> I think we need to make the existence of the revisions more
> prominent -
> for me having them down the bottom of the page below the fold makes
> them
> hard to find.
>
> Maybe a link in the quicklinks list to the revisions for this post.

I like that idea.  We can also move it up higher.  I don't know how
frequently it'll actualy get used on a day to day basis.

> I haven't had a chance to dig into the code but do the post revsions
> support the following use cases:
>
> 1) Contributor updating a post which has been published by an editor
> without the changes going live before an editor has reviewed them.

No.

> 2) The ability to pin the public version of a post/page on an old
> revision to allow for the generation of new content without it
> going live.

No.

> 3) A way to "one-click" make live a number of changed pages which have
> been generated by (2).

No.

:)

Not currently.  As I said in a long email I just sent, I think the
code would be easy and the UI hard.  I'm also not sure what use this
would be to people.  Just an honest lack of knowledge :)  It sounds
sexy, though.  It also sounds like a plugin to me.  Disagreements
welcome.

Mike