[wp-testers] Post Revisions

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:42:27 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Stewart" <zamoose at gmail.com>
> As it stands right now (2.5.x), published content doesn't get updated
> with autosaves. It waits for you to click the appropriate button
> before making it "live".
>
> mda, etc., does this still hold true with this new functionality in place?

I'd say it still holds true, but just to see what happens with the wp_posts
table during a post, autosave, revision, revision, revert cycle, put
together this page [1].

Every post will generate at least two records in wp_posts.  Each revision,
and each revert, will create another record, and autosave creates another
record.

Interesting to see the progression of post_date and post_modified fields.

MichaelH

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MichaelH/Testing/Revisions