[wp-testers] CITE attribute of BLOCKQUOTE stripped by TinyMCE

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Fri May 16 03:39:07 GMT 2008

PRE works just fine, but it's a semantically different tag than BLOCKQUOTE.

I wish there was a way to stop *all* stripping of tags for site admins;
WordPress doesn't mangle things written using the Code editor, but it allows
TinyMCE to get in the way when using the Visual editor.

I'm reminded of something Matt said in a conference video I recently
watched, which I have to paraphrase 'cause I forget the exact wording:

WordPress is doing its job when it does not get in the way.

If that is what Automattic believes, then why are we including a WYSIWYG
editor which not only gets in the way but can be a source of utter
desperation when wanting to write a blog post more substantial than a link
and picture.

--
Rick

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:22 PM, [BLT]FQX <qfuxiang at gmail.com> wrote:

> TinyMCE sucks.
> Try <pre>....</pre>.
>
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Rick Beckman <rick.beckman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone else confirm that the CITE attribute is stripped from
> BLOCKQUOTE
> > tags by TinyMCE?
> >
> > I add this code in the Code view (as a dumb example):

> > Lucky</p></blockquote>
> >
> > After switching to the Visual editor to write more and switching back to
> > the
> > Code view, that bit of code now reads:

> > --
> > Rick Beckman