[wp-testers] Code Kvetching

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed May 7 04:34:46 GMT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 7:37 PM, Mr. Awesome wrote:

> Alexander Beutl wrote:
>>> Oddly enough, with no code-preserving or whatever plugins enabled,
>>> it is
>>> appearing as it ought to -- no character conversions in CODE.
>
> Just curious, if this (which I'd love for it to make core) goes
> gold... will it basically replace this plugin then? Or, is it
> basically the "same" as this plugin?
>
> Plugin Name: Code Auto Escape

Y'all might also look at the Code Markup plugin:
http://www.thunderguy.com/semicolon/wordpress/code-markup-wordpress-plugin/

I like it because it allows you to give the code tags different
language attributes, so you can choose to escape absolutely
everything, including e.g. angle brackets, or to allow HTML tags but
escape everything else, and so forth.  Pretty flexible and nicely
done. :)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider