[wp-testers] Code Kvetching

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:35:22 GMT 2008

Alex,

WordPress is handling code like a champ now -- with or without your plugin
-- which is the strangest thing (it wasn't yesterday!).

Still, I'm leaving your plugin enabled as the [code] shortcode is still as
useful as can be until a CODE button can be added to the TinyMCE toolbar.

(And I'd like to experiment a bit with code highlighting too... but it's not
an immediate concern.)

--
Rick

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> > Oddly enough, with no code-preserving or whatever plugins enabled, it is
> > appearing as it ought to -- no character conversions in CODE. Can anyone
> > else confirm this?
> >

> Oddly enogh I can confirm this works well with my 2.6 Bleeding
> installation
> as well as with one of my blogs which is running on 2.5 while I got the
> conversion problems with my 2.5.1 installation at work - will have to
> recheck this tomorrow.
>

> 2008/5/7 Rick Beckman <rick.beckman at gmail.com>:
>
> > I came up with a little test post with a variety of example code (marked
> > up
> > as CODE) to test whether WordPress is outputting it correctly:
> > http://rickbeckman.org/posting-code-a-wordpress-plugins-test/
> >
> > The post also includes a text file of the source if you want to run the
> > same
> > "test" on your installation.
> >
> > Oddly enough, with no code-preserving or whatever plugins enabled, it is
> > appearing as it ought to -- no character conversions in CODE. Can anyone
> > else confirm this?
> >
> > Good grief, if it was just a plugin causing the weird character
> > conversions...
> >
> > It'd still be nice to have a <code> button in the Visual Editor, though.
> >
> > It also seems that WordPress doesn't handle tabs within PREs properly
> > (i.e.,
> > a line that would be blank other than for one or more tab entities are
> > collapsed to one line). Maybe that's by design, I dunno, but it seems
> that
> > within a PRE tag, no formatting -- most notably whitespace -- should be
> > touched. It doesn't just do this on post outputting, either; when I
> reload
> > the post in the edit screen, the tab lines are collapsed.
> >
> > --
> > Rick

Rick Beckman
http://rickbeckman.org/