[wp-testers] Code Kvetching

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Tue May 6 23:54:23 GMT 2008

I came up with a little test post with a variety of example code (marked up
as CODE) to test whether WordPress is outputting it correctly:
http://rickbeckman.org/posting-code-a-wordpress-plugins-test/

The post also includes a text file of the source if you want to run the same
"test" on your installation.

Oddly enough, with no code-preserving or whatever plugins enabled, it is
appearing as it ought to -- no character conversions in CODE. Can anyone
else confirm this?

Good grief, if it was just a plugin causing the weird character
conversions...

It'd still be nice to have a <code> button in the Visual Editor, though.

It also seems that WordPress doesn't handle tabs within PREs properly (i.e.,
a line that would be blank other than for one or more tab entities are
collapsed to one line). Maybe that's by design, I dunno, but it seems that
within a PRE tag, no formatting -- most notably whitespace -- should be
touched. It doesn't just do this on post outputting, either; when I reload
the post in the edit screen, the tab lines are collapsed.

--
Rick