[wp-testers] HTML "code" tag in the Visual Editor?

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:32:39 GMT 2008

If I'm not mistaken, this plugin allows for disabling of the WordPress autop
functions without any core edits:

http://www.laptoptips.ca/projects/tinymce-advanced/

It also allows for the inclusion of numerous extra buttons in the TinyMCE
editor (such as SUP, SUB, CITE, and so on), but even it lacks the CODE
option. :\

Looks like the Shortcode plugin for it is shaping up to be the best bet.

A note about using a shortcode for block level elements like PRE, though...
It looks as though WordPress wraps it in P tags still, which is invalid
nesting. Nothing disabling autop wouldn't fix, though...

--
Rick Beckman

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> > For now I have to go into  "wp-admin/js/editors.js" and remove the code
> > in:
> >
> > pre_wpautop : function(content) {...
> > &
> > wpautop : function(pee) {...
> >
> > This is the most annoying part of how TinyMCE is implemented. Does
> anyone
> > have a less intrusive way of correcting this?
>

> Maybe they really shoud be moved to pluggable.php or (which would be a bit
> more work to be done but maybe a better way) changed into being a
> filter...
>

> Any thoughts about this?
>
> -Alex

Rick Beckman