[wp-testers] HTML "code" tag in the Visual Editor?

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Mon May 5 15:32:50 GMT 2008

I saw that the "monospace" thing in tinys dropdownlist in the second bar
allows for adding pre allready - I think adding code too wouldn't be much of
an issue - but it wouldn't allow for any attributes which may be not such
great.

Coming back to my plugin which allows for attributes (but needs typing
instead of clicking - which is not too bad up to my opinion since most of
the coders should be able to type quite fast while jumping to the mouse is
time consuming as well...):

I added /tab (which I'm convertting to three non-breaking-spaces with a span
since the tabstop is much to large for webpages and up to my knowledge can
not be changed via css - but that span CAN be changed via css up to
everyones needs) because wordpress will strip spaces when they are not
encapsed inside a real pre.

I added conversion for
“ to "
” to "
’ to '
‘ to '

and am adding (optional) syntax highlighting for PHP, HTML, CSS, Java,
JavaScript, SQL, Phyton, Texy (whatever that is)
via fshl which is licensed GPL too.

I added optinal line numbering as well - it is done via ordered list since
this is (up to my knowledge) the best way to do it.

And since I may want to show the usage of shortcodes in my blog I added a
[nsc] shortcode wich will preserve its contained shortcodes from being
executed. (Which really is a needed option - since plugin authors will want
to tell their readers how to use the plugins while they will also want to
include examples and therefore have that plugin installed - and it is not
good to have to lookup the right ASCII Codes for [ and ])

As I said before I'll update the download this evening - can not upload
anything until ~20:00 (8pm) (*UTC*:+02:00)

Any additional ideas/whishes?