[wp-testers] HTML "code" tag in the Visual Editor?

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Sun May 4 23:32:54 GMT 2008

Rick Beckman wrote:
> The lack of being able to use the CODE tag is a big omission. (The lack of
> being able to easily create Definition Lists [DL, DT, and DD tags] in
> TinyMCE is another omission I'm not at all happy about...

Not exactly. It's just not enabled by default. If you need to use
array:

'theme_advanced_blockformats' => 'p,pre,code,dt,dd,samp,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6',

More info:
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/theme_advanced_blockformats

It seems use of "phrase" tags is not recommended, although they are not
deprecated. The same text effects can be achieved by basic css in a more
consistent way.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_phrase_elements.asp
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#h-9.2.1