[wp-testers] HTML "code" tag in the Visual Editor?

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:28:08 GMT 2008

Awesome plugin!

The only problem I see with it is that WordPress still converts any quotes
within [code] blocks into curly quotes, which is entirely undesirable. Using
the HTML CODE tags, however, quotes are not converted to curly quotes, which
is ideal.

In other words, while using the plugin, it's easy enough to add code in the
Visual Editor, but it's still required to switch to the code view to encode
any quotations.

Any ideas around this?

--
Rick Beckman

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> Since I do not know about any way which allready handles it I would
> suggest
> to add a shortcode [code] [/code] and transform it to be wrap its content
> by
> <code> and </code>.
>
> I wrote a plugin for that since it seems to be something which may be
> needed
> by some people and maybe by myselfe someday:
>
> Page URI is http://blog.netgra.de/wordpress-pre-und-code-shortcodes (there
> is an english section at the bottom)
> Download at
> http://blog.netgra.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/code_shortcode.zip
>
> Please let me know if this works for you.
>

> 2008/5/4 Rick Beckman <rick.beckman at gmail.com>:
>
> > Is there an easy way to insert CODE blocks using the visual editor? I
> love
> > that writing code into the editor itself auto-escapes everything, but I
> > have
> > to keep switching back and forth between it and the text editor to add
> the
> > actual CODE tags, and I inevitably write a lot of code into it, which
> gets
> > eaten upon returning to the Visual Editor. Very frustrating.
> >
> > I tried using an advanced TinyMCE plugin, which has let me add a lot of
> > tags
> > to its toolbars that have come in handy, but even it neglects to include
> > the
> > CODE button.
> >
> > Is there some sort of CODE-stigma I'm unaware of?
> >
> > --
> > Rick Beckman, the Confounded CODEr
> > http://rickbeckman.org/
> > http://fellowship-hall.com/