[wp-testers] http error on uploading, again

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat May 3 20:56:33 GMT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Brent Logan <gbrentlogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having difficulties uploading pictures, again. I checked my .htaccess
> file and discovered that the fix is no longer there. Why did the following
> disappear?
>
> <IfModule mod_security.c>
> <Files async-upload.php>
> SecFilterEngine Off
> SecFilterScanPOST Off
> </Files>
> </IfModule>

2.5.1 no longer automatically adds the lines.  Some hosts choke and
die on them, taking your blog down with them.  We have no way of
determining which hosts will do this, so we stopped adding those
lines.  You can still add them yourself.  Just add them outside of the
WP block of rules so that they don't get overwritten by WP.