[wp-testers] Page Ordering

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:28:01 GMT 2008

Ryan Boren wrote:
> We have many blogs on wordpress.com with hundreds of pages. I think a
> handful are over a thousand.  Yes, people are crazy.
>
> We need something in core WP to make Manage->Pages (and categories)
> more efficient.  Requesting the top-level pages, paging those, and
> AJAX loading children on request seems a viable approach.  Another
> suggestion is to focus management around search since someone with so
> many pages probably wouldn't be able to manage them even with paged
> output and demand loading of children.

Ahh, well, I wasn't considering the plugin OR the thousands of pages or
whatever. I was just speaking in general, of how I ordered mine, and
that it wasn't difficult for me to do it. I was just going on the
assumption, that the original discussion author was saying, here's as
plugin good for page ordering because WordPress's was confusing and
"weird" or whatever...and let's slap it in core! I see where you're all
going with this now, so ...I agree with the latest few on getting that
handled better. I never thought there was that many people out there,
with that many pages... Jesus!