[wp-testers] WordPress 2.5 RC2 bug report

Mikhail M. Ivanov ivanov.miguel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:16:29 GMT 2008

Hi guys!

I’ve just installed the brand new RC2 on my website and from the first minutes a bug was found that seem quite serious to me. I’m a designer and illustrator and I’ve been using amazing WordPress engine to power my website for quite a long time. As I keep up my online portfolio I  usually upload images so the first thing I tried was adding media to a new wordpress galleries. What I got was a total server halt when I tried to upload via the new Add Post interface something about 20 JPEG files (not more than 500kb each). My website was down for almost 5 minutes. I thought It was my hosters’ problem and then tried again when the server woke up and got the same result. So I guess there is a problem with the WP software?

I’d love to use built-in Gallery instead of the NextGen Plugin I used previously because it works terrible. Please let us upload multiple files at once and it will be just great!

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Mikhail M Ivanov

graphic designer, illustrator