[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

Daniel Schoonover daniel at dangarion.com
Fri Mar 28 04:49:27 GMT 2008

Wow that was a professional answer there...  The designers screwed up on the
write page, which was pretty much perfect the way it was.  I'm sorry to
break the bad news but the current design of the "Write Post/Page" is
completely counter-intuitive to the user.

Who's idea was it to waste the space that used to be for Category selections
with
Related
    * Manage All Comments
    * Manage All Posts
    * Manage All Categories
    * Manage All Tags
    * View Drafts
???

I mean if I'm in the write post section why would I even be thinking about
managing any of those things?  My current thoughts are on making a POST,
thus I want to see the options and selections for making the post, why make
the user have to scroll to make these selections when you have this whole
sidebar area on the right that could be utilized for efficiency?  Just
because it's open source doesn't mean you have to make it like pulling
teeth.  We are your users, we are your testers, and we are trying to help
you develop this to be user friendly, and the current horizontal design is
not user friendly.  In fact I haven't seen a single post praising the design
of the page we are discussing, all I have read are suggestions for improving
it.
--
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever..."
Daniel Schoonover