[wp-testers] Media Library scrolling

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 03:25:56 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Mr. Awesome
<theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am STILL having this issue, anyone out there that could lend a hand
>  maybe? I don't have these problem images on my localhost.. only my VB
>  domain site... so I can't really TEST things, to look for the
>  problems... =(  All I know, is, it must be LONG names titles of media
>  files that's causing the scrolling... OR, maybe just the padding /
>  margins of the table cells...

The problem is that tables automatically expand to fit non-wrapping
lines. There are a few possible solutions:

Restrict the width of cells in that column to a fixed or percentage
width, hiding overflow.
 con: hidden information
 con: awkward to resize when the rest of the cols are unrestrained

Automatically break filenames every n characters to line wrap on display.
 con: altered information

Don't display past character n.
 can: missing information

Being an information junkie, I don't like any of these solutions. If
there is a consensus or a better idea I'll try to make that work.

Andy