[wp-testers] Save and Continue Editing Button

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Mar 20 21:33:10 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
> +1 from me!
>
>  I also go back and edit published posts -- it may be that I am just
>  going back to fix a typo, or in the case of my bike trails site, I
>  might be importing a GPX track for a route that someone sent me,
>  adding or fixing a URL related to the trail, etc.
>
>  Just because the post is published doesn't mean I might not want to
>  keep editing it, and definitely if I am in editing mode, I want to be
>  able to stay on the post screen as long as I want to (i.e. save and
>  continue editing).

Okay, we just changed trunk so that the "Save" button always does a
save and continue unless the referrer was the permalink page for the
post being edited (via an "Edit this" link).

We're also looking at putting a notice at the top of the page after a
save that says something like this:

"Post saved.  Continue editing or __go back__."

__go back__ is a link back to the original referrer.  If you visit the
edit page from "Manage Posts", the go back link will always point back
to Manage Pages no matter how many times you save.