[wp-testers] Edit Comment

Hohndel, Dirk dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 19 18:36:05 GMT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Mr. Awesome wrote:

> Nick Momrik wrote:
>> Click on the comment author's name.
>> http://img.skitch.com/20080318-e29heqxek22q4frt6e1ajqscff.jpg
>
> This is obviously going to be a problem for users / new users. It's
> been said already, repeatedly... of course.. but, I still think
> something like ...plain text that says ( Edit:  ) BEFORE the comment
> titles, post titles, page titles and etc would perhaps be okay? Or,
> bring back the "Edit" link some wheres...Heck, even if you made an
> announcement post about THAT change, users would still most likely
> be confused out of their gourds...

I'll admit that I am puzzled about this. The big new thing about 2.5
is the new user interface - yet with all the great feedback on the
serious shortcomings of the new interface I see very little response
that makes me comfortable that these issues will be addressed prior to
the release.

Open Source is all about community - ignoring your community is rarely
a smart move. And adding all kinds of usability traps is going to come
back and bite you.

Just my 2¢

/D