[wp-testers] Tiny MCE Editor Buggy

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Mon Mar 17 07:59:07 GMT 2008

Gene Steinberg wrote:
> In the past week I've had more of a chance to try out WP 2.5 now that
> it's stable enough to test in my particular operation.
>
> The visual editor, though it works in Safari at long last, is flaky.
>
> For one thing, I cannot insert a music file with Safari. Once I enter
> the URL and name, I get a window with nothing in it. Ditto for any
> effort to insert a URL. Blank screen, but the latter is also a problem
> with Firefox 3.0 beta 4.
>
> Copying and pasting content into the visual editor, which worked fine
> with the previous version, not adds extraneous coding. including
> "span" and color tags that were never part of the actual text content.
> Clues

Hi,

Couple quick questions:

Were you trying to insert music file with the Media Library popup or
with the Insert Image button?

When trying to insert url (I presume you used the Insert Link button),
was there any text in the editor selected to link to?

When pasting from one web page into another, you're not pasting the
selected text, but rather the browser's interpretation of the coding of
that page, which includes css styles, images, links, etc. If you don't
want to paste the styling, best is to do it in HTML mode, where only the
text is pasted.

All this is internally done by the browser and varies between different
web pages and different browsers.

Thanks.