[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Update *mostly* works

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 15 01:43:42 GMT 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:56:27 +1100, Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:

> Dougal Campbell wrote:
> | I mean files that are supposed to have content. Like, oh, say, the main
> | plugin PHP file.
> |
> | It's the default ftpd in FreeBSD. But I don't think the problem is in
> | the FTP setup... If that was the case, we probably wouldn't get the file
> | to unzip. Or the file would be corrupted and probably wouldn't unzip at
> | all? In any case, we need some sort of error detection and handling for
> | this type of thing.
>
> I guess this is probably the unzip failing to extract data.
>
> Any plugins for which you know this has happened?
>
> Is it repeatable for the same plugin?

I think its most likely the unsipping too, However, to be sure, Can you install this plugin, Activate it, And then send the debug page(Top menu page: "WP Filesystem Tester") to my email? wordpress at dd32.id.au
http://dd32.id.au/files/wp-filesystem-tester.zip
I'm particually interested in the 'File IO' section & the Zip section, Hopefully they'll point out where the problem is..

It should raise an error if the Zip file is corrupt, has no files, or cannot be read though allready.