[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Update *mostly* works

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri Mar 14 16:39:42 GMT 2008

Alex Günsche wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:14 -0400, Dougal Campbell wrote:
>
>> I've seen an issue several times when using the plugin updater where I
>> get zero-byte files.
>>

> Sorry for asking, but do you mean files that are *supposed* to be empty,
> or do you mean files that originally have content, but *arrive* empty?
>
> Could you tell more about your configuration (FTP server, OS, some PHP
> info, etc.)?
>
> Alex

I mean files that are supposed to have content. Like, oh, say, the main
plugin PHP file.

It's the default ftpd in FreeBSD. But I don't think the problem is in
the FTP setup... If that was the case, we probably wouldn't get the file
to unzip. Or the file would be corrupted and probably wouldn't unzip at
all? In any case, we need some sort of error detection and handling for
this type of thing.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/