[wp-testers] Media Manager

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Mar 7 03:57:20 GMT 2008

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:28:00 +1100, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:

> We do not scan your upload directories and that is not now planned. I
> would like to see a plugin do this.

While it doesnt scan the directories for new files, I just wrote up a plugin to allow importing files fmro the web servers filesystem into the WordPress uploads system.

It simply allows you to select files, and then import them into the uploads folder(They're copied).

It needs more work obviously, And i'll have to add some logic to detect that its adding a file from within the uploads folder to prevent duplication i guess..
Another function that i'd like to add is a watch-directory, Any files which get uploaded into that folder, get imported automatically(and optionally deleted from the source dir afterwards), But thats all for the next release in another week or so most likely.

WordPress Plugin: Add From Server
http://dd32.id.au/2008/03/07/wordpress-plugin-add-from-server/