[wp-testers] WP 2.6 beta-1 feeback

Nick Bohle mail at nickbohle.de
Fri Jun 27 23:32:42 GMT 2008

Hi!

I've just installed WP 2.6 beta-1 on my test server and I have to say: Great
job (again).

There was one little problem with the popular Simple Tags plug-in. It only
works when the version check-up is changed to 2.6. Already informed the
plug-in author Amaury Balmer about this...

And I had another (bigger) problem with my image.php template. The
navigation links to the other images do not work anymore. There are ARRAY
errors. I have to say that I changed the image thumbnail links to text links
with my functions.php (with the help of mfields.org).

The code in my functions.php:

function mf_previous_image_link( $link_text ) {
    print mf_adjacent_image_link( $link_text, true );
}

function mf_next_image_link( $link_text ) {
    print mf_adjacent_image_link( $link_text, false );
}

function mf_adjacent_image_link( $link_text, $prev = true ) {
    global $post;
    $post = get_post($post);
    $attachments =
array_values(get_children("post_parent=$post->post_parent&post_type=attachme
nt&post_mime_type=image&orderby=\"menu_order ASC, ID ASC\""));

    foreach ( $attachments as $k => $attachment )
        if ( $attachment->ID == $post->ID )
            break;

    $k = $prev ? $k - 1 : $k + 1;

    if ( isset($attachments[$k]) )
        return '<a href="' . get_attachment_link( $attachments[$k]->ID ) .
'">' . $link_text . '</a>';
	else
		return false;
};

Could anyone give me a hint how I good make the text links work in WP 2.6?

Thank you,
Nick