[wp-testers] WP 2.6 in two weeks? (Sidebar Management)

Brian Layman silverpaladin0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 02:56:15 GMT 2008

On 6/25/08, Shelly <wordpress at anekostudios.com> wrote:

> Nothing.  I work on the site, put in the widgets, I finish for a bit to go
> eat lunch or something and shut down the browser.  I come back, and the
> sidebar has reset, all widgets are gone.  It's happened to three sites I've
> done so far.

Shelly, can you look at your wp_options table before and after. I'm curious
to know if the ID for the option 'sidebars_widgets' changes and/or if you
perhaps now have multiple options recorded with the option_name of
'sidebars_widgets'.

I've seen this happen when WP can't get the database's value for whatever
reason and then the new value gets written out in addition to the original
value in the database.  That might be what you are seeing.

Brian Layman