[wp-testers] WP 2.6 in two weeks? (Sidebar Management)

Shelly wordpress at anekostudios.com
Thu Jun 26 00:25:09 GMT 2008

 >>Shelly, I'm not sure what your problem is. You're not explaining
what you are doing during that 30 minutes<<

Nothing.  I work on the site, put in the widgets, I finish for a bit
to go eat lunch or something and shut down the browser.  I come back,
and the sidebar has reset, all widgets are gone.  It's happened to
three sites I've done so far.

if I'm actively working on the site, or browsing through it, it's
fine.  But if I leave it alone for 30 minutes (or more) the widgets
reset.  And yes, this does happen in the default theme, with no
plugins activated.  (which is why it's weird - I've had several other
installations, and they're fine.  But the last 3, it does this.)
There's a couple of threads in the forums as well - one person had
luck by "repairing" her database table (I think it was wp_options) but
that didn't work for me.  (Heres one thread - the one I participated
in briefly :http://wordpress.org/support/topic/172708?replies=9)  The
"jumping" is also something in there too.

Basically, I got around it by setting the default sidebar to show what
the widgetized one does if no widgets are showing, but that kind of
defeats the purpose of using widgets.

but I didn't see a trac on this - so I don't know if it's because it's
a new issue or what - or even if it's a bug at all.  So far I haven't
found what it is that's causing it.  I'm just hoping whatever it was
that caused it is fixed in the next release :)

~Shelly