[wp-testers] PHP Version Usage Report

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:23:56 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Adrian Hayter <adrianhayter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't "5 orders of magnitude" 10^5 (i.e. 100,000)...
>
> Aaron D. Campbell wrote:
>>
>> 5 orders of magnitude...can you give a rough estimate of how many records
>> you're talking about?  10 million?  100 million?  1 billion?

The records number in the order of 10^6. The point is that we have a
fairly accurate picture of the whole field. This is pretty new data so
we don't yet have it on display. I figured a rough summary would be of
great value to a survey thread and I happened to know the numbers
because I queried the table a few days ago.

Andy