[wp-testers] PHP Version Usage Report

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Mon Jun 23 23:57:58 GMT 2008

I have some plugins
<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/profile/aaroncampbell>, and a
couple (optionally) collect anonymous statistics on things like this.
Here are the PHP versions take from one of those plugins
<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-google-analytics/>.  The
sampling is 939 unique sites.

4.3.4 - 1 site
4.3.9 - 8 sites
4.3.10 - 8 sites
4.3.11 - 36 sites
4.4.0 - 4 sites
4.4.1 - 4 sites
4.4.2 - 11 sites
4.4.4 - 24 sites
4.4.6 - 10 sites
4.4.7 - 54 sites
4.4.8 - 132 sites
5.0.3 - 1 site
5.0.4 - 3 sites
5.1.2 - 11 sites
5.1.4 - 3 sites
5.1.5 - 3 sites
5.1.6 - 28 sites
5.2.0 - 36 sites
5.2.1 - 14 sites
5.2.2 - 9 sites
5.2.3 - 21 sites
5.2.4 - 41 sites
5.2.5 - 216 sites
5.2.6 - 261 sites

That's 292 sites (31.1%) on 4.x and 647 (68.9%) sites on 5.x (598 or
63.7% on 5.2.x+).  While it seems PHP 5 is definitely taking off,
roughly 1 out of every 3 users is still on PHP 4.

Hopefully you find that useful.