[wp-testers] WP 2.6 in two weeks?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Jun 23 21:15:20 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do my eyes deceive me or am I seeing a due date of July 7th for the release
> of 2.6 with a fall back for July 14? Any reason for the releasing a month
> early? I've barely setup my test sites figuring I had a month to go yet. ;)

There was some confusion because the roadmap had July and trac had
August.  Given that all of the features went into 2.6 early and that
its been running this whole time on wordpress.com and lots of our
personal blogs, a shorter beta seems doable.  I think we can launch
the beta cycle now, pound on it until the 7th and decide if it's
ready.  If not,  pound it another week and decide of it's ready.  I
merge 2.6 to wordpress.com almost daily and get tons of feedback in an
instant.  I'm pretty confident in being able to finish off 2.6 in a
few weeks.  We won't be adding any more features to 2.6 so there's no
need to linger for an extra month.  Also, a July 2.6 release allows us
to consider an early September 2.7 release that focuses on pulling in
some of the GSoC work.  That work would be too much to try to push
into an early August 2.6 release.