[wp-testers] Area for disabled widgets in 2.6?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 15:09:12 GMT 2008

Hi Stefano,

I'm running r8163 in a local "Sandbox" right now and for some reason I
don't see this feature. If you're referring to the drop down list at the
top that includes "Show any widgets", "Show unused widgets" or "Show
used widgets" it only works for widgets that are either unused (those
listed in the left sidebar of the widgets page) or used in the sidebar.
Once I remove a text widget from the sidebar, it's no longer listed
under any of the options in the drop down list.

In other words, if I have a text widget setup with "Today's Wise Saying"
and I want to temporarily remove it from the sidebar while I rearrange
things ( or whatever), I would like to be able to put it back into the
sidebar without having to rewrite the whole thing all over again. In 2.6
bleeding, once I remove a text widget from the sidebar it's simply gone
with no way to retrieve it.

Perhaps I'm missing something here? :D