[wp-testers] Area for disabled widgets in 2.6?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:36:42 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been discussed here before (probably has, I may
have missed it) but before the Admin UI makeover, we had a handy place
to put both unused and previously used (disabled) widgets which made it
very convenient if we chose to reuse a previously setup widget again,
especially text/html widgets. This is something we don't have with the
current 2.5.x. Are there any plans that a "Disabled Widgets" section
might be added into the 2.6 Admin's "Widgets" page similar to the one
found in K2's version of the old SBM plugin for example? It's sorely needed.

Right now, if you want to temporarily disable a text widget, the widget
is lost entirely and cannot be retrieved unless you first copy the
text/html in the widget and save it to a plain text file somewhere on
your computer which you can use to setup a new widget.

Just hoping...