[wp-testers] Crazyhorse?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:50:04 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:27 AM, wohack <wohack at alice.it> wrote:

> On 16/giu/08, at 08:02, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>>
>> We don't tinker, we putz.
>>

> Could some polyglott, please, supply an exquivalent of the second of the
> above verbs in the language which is understood as english on an
> international level, so that also non native speakers are able to understand
> clearly what is going on with the UI?
> Is the meaning of "putz" somehow congruent with the german "putzen"?
>
> TIA :-)
> Brigitte

Close in root, but not in meaning.  It's from the Yiddish (vulgar form
of "penis", actually) so it could be considered a more "polite" way of
saying "d***ing around" while in the presence of non-Yiddish-speaking
goyim such as myself.  I guess it's likely still seen as fairly vulgar
to those with a knowledge of Yiddish

--
-Doug
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/