[wp-testers] Please Information for the new constans

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Jun 5 03:34:06 GMT 2008

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:37:22 +1000, Frank Bueltge <frank at bueltge.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> please  it is possible to become more informations ove  the constants
> for autside the wp-content.
>
> Is is possible to link to the plugin file with:
> load_plugin_textdomain( 'test', str_replace( ABSPATH, '',
> dirname(__FILE__) ) );
> in wp 2.6 ?

Have a look at http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7075
I think what you have there should work, But theres probably a much better
way, And if the WP_CONTENT_DIR is set to something else, That probably
will not work at all.

> Example:
> define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content');    // wp-content
> Directory
> define('WP_CONTENT_URL', 'http://localhost/wpbeta/wp-content');    //
> wp-content URL
> define('WP_PLUGIN_DIR', WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/plugins');    // Plugin
> Directory
>
> How is it possible to use outside the domain-root, for wp-config.php
> and folder wp-content incl. plugins and themes.

for wp-config.php it may be in the root WordPress folder, Or the folder
directly above it.

To move wp-content outside of the root, Then you need to define
WP_CONTENT_DIR as the absolute location of it, eg: /var/wp-content/
Generally some plugins like to reference to files though (eg images), So
its best not to move it completely out of the web directory.
If the folder is accessable via a web address and is not in the default
location, You need todefine WP_CONTENT_URL to point to it, eg:

Wordpress installed at: /home/..../public_html/wordpress/ which is
http://site.com/wordpress/
define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', '/home/..../public_html/my-files');
define('WP_CONTENT_URL', 'http://site.com/my-files/');

Does that help?