[wp-testers] plugin updating...

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Jun 4 15:50:22 GMT 2008

Peter Westwood wrote:
> Dan Milward wrote:
> | How do we add custom code to the plugin updating system to preserve
> | files that people may have added to the plugin directory.
> |

> Why do we need to do this.  The plugins directory shouldn't be used to
> store stuff.

What about when people add a translation (.mo) file to an
internationalized plugin installation? That is one legitimate thing
they could create and add, and it shouldn't be lost when they upgrade
(even if a string or two changed, it would still likely be mostly valid).

I realize that isn't want Dan was writing about, but it occurred to me
to bring it up.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX