[wp-testers] plugin updating...

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Jun 4 05:09:16 GMT 2008

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:01:32 +1000, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

> As an intrim, My suggestion is to filter the pre_option_update or
> whatever it is to remove the download link from the update option,
> That'll have the effect of notifying that there is a update available,
> but as it will not have a URL to download the zip from, It'll not offer
> to automatically upgrade it.

add_filter('option_update_plugins', 'plugin_no_upgrade');
function plugin_no_upgrade($option){
	$this_plugin = plugin_basename(__FILE__); //eg:
'nextgen-gallery/nggallery.php'
	if( isset($option->response[ $this_plugin ]) ){
		//Clear its download link:
		$option->response[ $this_plugin ]->package = '';
	}
	return $option;
}

The plugins page (While the plugin is activated) Will show this:
"There is a new version of NextGEN Gallery available. Download version
0.96 here <i>automatic upgrade unavailable for this plugin</i>."