[wp-testers] plugin updating...

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Jun 4 01:03:26 GMT 2008

It is not currently possible to hook in to make changes to what is/isnt
deleted.

The plugin directory the files are stored in are often not the same as the
plugin's slug, In order to keep simpler code, all plugins are stored into
a folder based on their slug and the old plugin removed.

If you have made changes to the core plugin, Consider submitting them as
patches back to the author, or forking the plugn(at least for yourself =
modify the plugin name and url)
If the plugin stores files into its plugin folder, Consider asking the
plugin maintainer to store the data outside of the plugins folder, Or in
the database if its small enough. This has the benefit of also keeping the
plugins folder manageable.

It may be possible in 2.6 to filter what is/isnt
deleted/removed/modified/etc, There have been 1 or 2 requests for it so
far since 2.5 release :). I'm working on some changes which'll affect the
upgraders code, so i may well try and write a few hooks or something in,
But as it is, there is no list of files which you cna filter, it just says
"Delete that folder and any files in it, i dont care what the files are,
just get rid of them"

Cheers,
Dion