[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers@lists.automattic.com

Gaarai gaarai at gaarai.com
Wed Jul 30 18:18:43 GMT 2008

I just want to point out that WP Super Cache only affects the front-end
of your site and has nothing to do with the speed of the back-end.

Since WP Super Cache stores static files and serves those, it stands to
reason that your front-end page loads will be fast as long as you have a
decent connection. If you turn off your site caching and then look at
the front-end of your site, you will get a better feel for how quickly
your site truly responds.

I would guess that most of the admin page slowdown problems that people
are experiencing are due to a problem with the host, not a problem with
WordPress. In my own personal experience, DreamHost is not a great host.
I would love to say that they have great performance and stability since
I like their pricing and packages, but the performance just isn't there.

So, for all of you that think the admin side is slow, turn off your
caching, look at your front page, and see if the slow response times are
due to back-end-only issues or if they are site wide.

- Chris