[wp-testers] 2.6 Admin running slower than previous versions?

Miladin Miladinoski miladinoski at gmx.com
Wed Jul 30 15:14:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:08:22 +0200, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had a problem with the 2.6 Admin running slower at times than
> previous versions with or without gears enabled. Perhaps slower isn't
> the term I'm looking for here but more like hesitating for several
> seconds before switching to another page like from "Plugins" to
> "Comments" for example. Once you're in a page like "Comments", things
> seem to move right along until your attempt to switch to another section
> of the Admin. Sometimes it's quick enough and sometimes it "hesitates"
> for several seconds.
>
> No error callouts, error logs are clean and I know it's not the server,
> upgrade procedure (strictly "by the book" manual upgrading) or plugin
> related (went the standard rounds with that) and doesn't seem to affect
> the actual site itself, just the Admin. I can't seem to find any reason
> for it and it only appeared to begin with the 2.6 release, not beta's.
> Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

Actually ... yes, I do have experienced problems with the Admin running
terribly slow on my broadband connection and I don't have any error logs
and it isn't plugin related. I haven't experienced this with the previous
2.5.1 release.

It takes 30 secs just to move from "Design" to "Manage" :(

--
Miladin Miladinoski - Kicevo, Macedonia - http://miladinoski.trap17.com